We have modulator driver MTC5515 for this modulator. Low insertion loss. With two FC/PC fiber connectors. Input fiber connector (with blue boot) is 1550nm panda PMF, PM connector key is aligned to standard slow axis by default, output fiber connector is SMF.
Definition of oxidation condition:
• Not oxidized: The copper sheet/plate on modulator body is not oxidized, see the 8th photo.
• Slightly oxidized: The copper sheet/plate on modulator body is slightly oxidized, see the 9th photo, but it will not affect the performance (samples are verified good at our lab).
• Obviously oxidized: The copper sheet/plate on modulator body is obviously oxidized(more than slightly oxidized), see the 10th photo, but it will not affect the performance (samples are verified good at our lab).
According to general principle, X-cut LiNbO3 modulator has almost zero chirp due to its symmetric structure (chirp parameter of Z-cut structure is 0.7). Our local customer has verified a sample is chirp-free.
The test example in its pdf datasheet link below applies MTC5510 modulator driver. We have improved version MTC5515, which is almost same as MTC5510, but offers improved performance. Modulator sample is verified working well with our 10Gb modulator driver (Multilink P/N: MTC5515 ) up to 1.3GHz (1.3GHz is our highest signal source frequency) at our lab. You can buy this modulator and also MTC5515 10Gb modulator driver together from our online store, then the modulator is ready to use with power supplies.
The 10 Gb/s “Bias Ready” Intensity Modulator is designed for TDM and WDM 10 Gb/s transmission. It features excellent stability in a biased circuit and operates within the 1530 to 1565 nm range.
• Excellent stability in a biased circuit
• 1530 nm to 1565 nm operation
• Proven JDS Uniphase reliability
• Low insertion loss provides maximum transmission power
• TDM and WDM 10 Gb/s transmission
See one application example of this modulator (unconnectorized version) at https://www.lightwavestore.com/sold-already-combo-assembly-of-modulator-modulator-driver-laser-receiver-.html
Note: In principle, all LiNbO3 modulator is working at low frequency naturally. So this modulator can also works at 10KHz or even at DC. Some of our customers use LiNbO3 modulators at low frequency (for test equipment, sensor, training and education, etc.). You can also use high-freq modulator driver for low frequency, see http://www.lightwavestore.com/store/product.php?productid=19250
Note: As shown in the pdf datasheet, 10020417 is exactly same as 10020416. Only one difference : 10020416 have two fiber connectors, 10020417 has no fiber connectors.